So first off, we’ve already had 1 month of 2016 – will somebody apply the brakes, please? February is a little bit of a funny month – it’s the one that I never really remember, or pay much attention to. It’s just a bit of a filler if you ask me – once March kicks in, then the year really starts but I have certain expectations about February…
1. Expect more blog posts about my placement because it’ll be in full force this month – I just completed my first full shift and it went quite well. I’ve got plenty of jobs to be getting on with (possibly too many) so there’s lots of new stuff to learn – slightly gutted, but oh well, what can you do?
2. Taking on Math. I found this really good website with Math questions, so I am getting ready for my Math exam. How good is your math?
3. Money will be tight. Every bill known to man looks like it’s coming out of my bank account in February – credit card, subscriptions, phone contract… *sigh* Last month I think I had about $5 to last me two weeks – very tough, and I delved deeper into the credit card pot, but I came out the other side which I expect to do this month too… ask me that at the end of February.
4. Friendships will no doubt get that tiny bit stronger due to the fact that most of my group work at university involves working with friends. I do worry sometimes that we will sit about chatting rather than doing actual work, which showed last semester, but I suppose you’ve just got to pull your socks up and bring up any issues before they get out of hand.
5. I’m trying to put things in place to make something happen this month – I’m not going to jinx it by mentioning it but you’ll be the first to know if anything does materialize out of this something.
I have nothing to discuss in great detail at the moment – no tragedies, no huge excitements, I’m just plodding along with my life at a steady pace.
I’m definitely ready to head back to school next week – as much as I hate the workload, I like to have a bit of a routine. I’ve been off since the end of December and I’m bored now – you can only watch so many re-runs of HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother) before Joey makes you want to rip your eyeballs out and eat them.
I accepted the placement at the academy – Chiefy e-mailed me this afternoon and actually used the words, “You can have a placement on the understanding that we don’t have anything for you to do, and don’t have the time to supervise you.” Yeah, the optimism is increasing by the bucket load as I type… not. Who even says that? Do they want a good review from me at the end or not?